Friday 23 February 2007

Vespa Purchase Plan


I saw this site tonight as I was fishing around YouTube. I'm not sure if it's a joke, or if this is something that makes a lot of sense!

Basically, a guy who lives in North Carolina thinks that the money the local government wants to spend on a rapid transit system would be better spent on buying a Vespa for everyone in the town. It's quite the detailed site with a proposal, plans, contact information and the video shown here.


As I said, who knows if this is meant to be real or not, but it does make one think. For the price of a one way ticket on our rapid transit system called Skytrain, from New Westminster (we only have buses and an infrequent train that go to Maple Ridge) to Vancouver, I can make a round trip on the Vespa. When I think of that it makes me think, maybe this guy in North Carolina is actually serious - and maybe it makes sense!

3 comments:

Steve Williams said...

This is a great find Dave. I have never seen that proposal. I think I will link it to my blog soon with credit to you for the scoop!

Steve Williams
Scooter in the Sticks

Dave Dixon said...

Steve

Thanks, Steve. I was also surprised to hear my blog mentioned on the SCTRCST podcast because of my 'discovery' of that site.

Anonymous said...

I know that it's been two years since you discovered the Vespa Purchase Plan, but I thought that you should know that we have failed to secure money locally and have decided to hire a lobbyist and apply of a federal bailout to buy a Vespa for everyone in the United States.

http://lloydcp.googlepages.com/

http://mananadataservices.com